PDA

View Full Version : Deleting contact on BB: doesn't delete in Outlook

drmrbrewer
12-22-2008, 04:07 PM
If I delete a contact on the BB handheld, should the corresponding contact be deleted back in Outlook? It doesn't for me. And I have wireless sync on.

It's just that, when I delete an *email*, it asks whether I want to delete on handheld, outlook, or both... but when deleting a contact it doesn't ask this.

So it makes me wonder whether it is intended that the outlook contact is ever deleted following a deletion on the handheld.

On the other hand, it could just be a problem with our firm's BES?

Mike

CO_BBTechie
12-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Short answer is yes, it should be reflected on the server side. The issue is timing and how long your server takes before it performs reconciliation. I know in my Lotus Domino environment, that occurs in 15 minute cycles.

drmrbrewer
12-22-2008, 04:13 PM
OK, thanks. Looks like there is an issue with the BES -- I deleted a test contact on the BB many hours ago and it's still sat there in outlook. Editing a contact on a BB is fine -- shows up in outlook. And changes in outlook appear on BB.

Thanks,

Mike

CO_BBTechie
12-22-2008, 04:16 PM
So you are definitely getting two way sync then from what you described. Since your BB side edit showed up on the server side, and vice versa.

You might try to "tweak" the recon setting. Turn off contact sync, then turn it back on. You might try this on the BES first. It may be for naught but in your quest for an explanation it may help.

takeshi
12-23-2008, 10:02 AM
It's just that, when I delete an *email*, it asks whether I want to delete on handheld, outlook, or both... but when deleting a contact it doesn't ask this.
That's perfectly normal.

ndub33
12-23-2008, 11:14 AM
It may be problem with your firm's BES, or your BES Administrator may have chosen to not enable this, or overlooked enabling it. You may want to reach out to this individul to explain your issue before doing anymore troubleshooting on your device.