PDA

View Full Version : 8100 How do I get rid of password?

RedPearl8100
12-23-2008, 02:21 AM
I have an 8100 which asks me for my password every time I want to access it. I find this annoying . I want to make a call . I get the message handheld is locked , how can I get rid of this I went to "general setting" and thought the password which has enabled could be changed yet I cannot navigate this , I hoighlight enable and hit the scroll button only to get another dropdown list which only offers me the option to change the password. please help .

TroyDBrown
12-23-2008, 02:30 AM
Wirelessly posted (TMO 8120 4.5.0.69)

Is this a work issued BlackBerry? If so it would appear they require one and you can not make that change.

takeshi
12-23-2008, 09:42 AM
I get the message handheld is locked , how can I get rid of this I went to "general setting" and thought the password which has enabled could be changed yet I cannot navigate this , I hoighlight enable and hit the scroll button only to get another dropdown list which only offers me the option to change the password. please help .
Are you hitting the menu button (to the left of the trackball) or are you pressing the trackball? You need to press the trackball. You can also press the Alt button to access selection choices in drop down menus.

If you still can't change it then it's probably due to IT policy. If you're on a company BES server then there's nothing you can do about it.

RedPearl8100
12-23-2008, 04:03 PM
No it is not work issued. My other 8100's do not do this. Iwent to the security applications and I cannot disable the feature it has a red mark beside the button.

Thatzmister2u
12-23-2008, 04:06 PM
No it is not work issued. My other 8100's do not do this. Iwent to the security applications and I cannot disable the feature it has a red mark beside the button.

Then there is a policy on the device. Did you buy it used?

CO_BBTechie
12-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Then there is a policy on the device. Did you buy it used?

Either that, or you have media card encryption enabled. If this is on, you cannot remove the device password.