PDA

View Full Version : Service Book

deej
10-05-2005, 11:01 AM
Greetings all, I desperately need help with an issue. I work for the University of Washington. My IT guy is really busy, and asked me to research this problem. Here it is. We have 5 blackberry 7250 handhelds. We are running through a BES, and mine is the only one that keeps loosing the service book every few days. The only thing I can think of is that the 4 other users are in Seattle, and I am 4 hours southwest of Seattle. We are on the Verizon wireless network. So when I receive an e-mail that is long or has an attachment it says service book not found. Then I get a hold of the IT guy and he re-sends the book and everything is ok for a few days, or even a couple of weeks. I have had my unit for about three months now and have lost the service book a dozen times. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

deej

dkettel@<hidden>

jibi
10-05-2005, 12:02 PM
There should be no real reason why your handheld would automatically delete the Desktop service books. Check in your Service Book settings and make sure you have 4-6 service books called Desktop. Should be CMIME, CICAL, SYNC, ALP, and if MDS is enabled, then you'll have BrowserConfig and IPPP as well. Once you verify they are there, open the ones for CMIME and CICAL and make sure they UID starts with an S and is alphanumeric (don't post it here though, as thats the server SRP ID).

If they are all there, then I'd suggest that if/when the issue happens again to do a full wipe on the handheld and reload the OS (and/or upgrade if its a possibility). You may also want to contact Verizon prior to see if they can do some troubleshooting.

fishon_gethenet
01-11-2006, 02:36 PM
Hello, I'm having the same problem..is there a way to edit the CMIME properties? I noticed that my Sxxxxxxx number is no longer listed. I cannot send e-mail from the BB. I only get the option to "save draft". Thanks in advance.