PDA

View Full Version : Lotus Sametime and OS4.5

egruber
12-24-2008, 01:40 PM
I just installed Enterprise Manager for Sametime. When I try to login it says Service Not Available for this Handheld. Does that mean my company does not allow connection to our Sametime? Or am I supposed to put in some configurations somewhere?

Thanks!

dbltap
12-24-2008, 10:21 PM
You probably need to put in the IP address for the Sametime gateway through your firewall. I know i had to set a specific IP address

SteveO86
12-24-2008, 11:07 PM
The collaboration must be installed and configured on the BES server.

egruber
12-25-2008, 11:27 AM
The collaboration must be installed and configured on the BES server.

That's what I suspected, because there is no place I could find to put in any configurations other than a logon and password. Unless I missed something somewhere?

SteveO86
12-25-2008, 12:57 PM
No, I would talk with your BES/IT admins

dbltap
12-25-2008, 09:31 PM
From the first Sametime login screen, hit the menu key and choose Connectivity. This screen is where you put in the Host Name, port, and connection options. for Direct Connection, MDS Connection or Proxy Connection. I know this was there in Sametime 7.5 and is also in 8.0.

Now.. that was our case as we had a proxy/gateway so Sametime can be used by Windows Mobile, Nokia & BB devices. If your company is not using a gateway, then yes.. it has to be set up in the BES.