PDA

View Full Version : TMobile Curve 8320 Help!

A10TXChick
12-25-2008, 02:22 AM
Just bought a new Curve 8320 today from T-Mobile, I'm trying to sign on my messengers (AIM, Yahoo, MSN, Google, etc.) but its not letting me, it keeps saying I need to register my device. Called Customer Care for T-Mobile, they said I need to add BlackBerry's Internet for them to work... is this true?? Anyway around it?? Seems kinda crappy to pay $25 a month just to use messengers... any help would be appreciated!!

flash24
12-25-2008, 02:30 AM
Just bought a new Curve 8320 today from T-Mobile, I'm trying to sign on my messengers (AIM, Yahoo, MSN, Google, etc.) but its not letting me, it keeps saying I need to register my device. Called Customer Care for T-Mobile, they said I need to add BlackBerry's Internet for them to work... is this true?? Anyway around it?? Seems kinda crappy to pay $25 a month just to use messengers... any help would be appreciated!!

You need to have a data plan.. I suggest you signing up for the $59.99 Blackberry plan, it comes with 1000 minutes (no nights and weekends), unlimited text (MMS not included), and unlimited data.

A10TXChick
12-25-2008, 02:37 AM
I have the $14.99 unlimited text plan, I just want to use the messengers I don't want the internet right now.

Anyone else have this problem?

Anyway of getting around it?

HalconNocturno
12-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Curve 8320)

You need a data plan or a WI FI connection

A10TXChick
12-25-2008, 02:59 PM
I have the unlimited date plan already, for $14.99 unlimited. Is there any other application that I can download maybe to get around the internet? Anyway to switch the settings on how the messages are sent, i.e MMS/SMS??

Waaay new to BlackBerry anyone willing to help would be great!

Ulukia
12-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Could be your APN settings. Go to Options > Advanced > TCP. For T-Mobile the APN is wap.voicestream.com with UN and PW blank.

Edit: Blackberry Unlimited plan is $19.99, Blackberry Email plan is $9.99. There are no other plans for Blackberry devices, so what your paying $14.99 for is not data.