PDA

View Full Version : New Bold news(touchscreen) Bold now or later??

blazex4
12-25-2008, 11:51 PM
I have AT&T, i have the curve and my 2 year contract is done on February. I've been looking at the Bold before it came out and ive been wanting it ever since. Then this news came out http://www.slashphone.com/slashphone-rumor-the-touchscreen-blackberry-bold-slider-storm-253848

Should i get the Bold in February or wait till this new Bold comes out???

bubbatex
12-26-2008, 12:08 AM
It's just like computers - if you keep waiting, something better will always be right around the corner! Can you wait until the 2nd half of next year?

DacyJ
12-26-2008, 12:57 AM
Get one now, you could be waiting along time.

TroyDBrown
12-26-2008, 12:59 AM
Get one now, you could be waiting along time.

(y) (y) (y)

SteveO86
12-26-2008, 09:10 AM
They say halfway threw the next year but how long did AT&T delay the Bold for, quite a few months... I would just go for it and get the Bold as long as you like it.

btdown
12-26-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm in the same boat as the OP. My gf had an upgrade and got the Bold. After playing with it for the weekend, I really was not that impressed. It's only a slight improvement on the curve, and you cannot tell the diff between edge and 3g speeds. I expected it to be blazing, but putting my curve and her bold side by side, the load times were the same. The media (music/movie) experience seemed to be a bit better and it really seems like a well made and solid device, but just not quite the upgrade I was expecting. Maybe my expectations were too high.

However, looking at the posted road maps for AT&T, I really don't see anything much better coming down the pike in 2009.

Is it too much to ask to have a full screen blackberry with a slide out qwerty keyboard?