PDA

View Full Version : Possible to switch BB service across 2 different accounts (SIMs)

iporter69
12-27-2008, 10:16 AM
I have the need to use the Blackberry service of T-Mobile (to take advantage of their global unlimited email deal), however I do not want a USA phone number associated. I would like to have an Australian (Voice) service available to my phone. I want to avoid call diversions.

So what I am asking is whether it is possible to use my Australian SIM (for voice) and access my T-Mobile Data Plan.

Is it possible in some way to set up a BB to achieve what I want to do assuming use of unlocked phone?

ndub33
12-27-2008, 12:10 PM
I am not aware of any way to do this. Anyone else done this successfully?

djm2
12-27-2008, 02:18 PM
I would guess that if the OP has two SIMs and uses the T-Mo SIM when he/she wants data, and plugs in the Aussie SIM for voice, then it would work. Quite inconvenient, however. However, I thought I saw something on this board about a way to load two SIMs into a single device. No idea if it works or not, or whether it would be smart enough to auto-switch..

tsac
12-27-2008, 03:38 PM
The data is usually linked to the BB via the phone number. Even when you do a device switch it still looks for the phone number and device type to send data. The phone will work with any SIM unless the carrier blockes usage via the IMEI number. I've never seen a BB with two SIM sockets.

takeshi
12-27-2008, 08:14 PM
You'd have to pick voice or data at any given moment. It's not a practical solution.