PDA

View Full Version : Blueant Z9i VS Jawbone II Volume for truck driver?

kwantz
12-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Ok I am a truck driver; I don’t really have a problem with other people hearing me. I have just been lately testing out Bluetooth head sets. I have recently tried the

Plantronics 520- Decently Loud ear volume could be louder for in the truck so I can hear it more clear, mediocre noise cancellation. Wife complained that she could still hear the noise, and all it did was make my voice louder than the already annoying background noise. In a sense it works. It doesn’t cancel the noise, just makes your voice out power it.

Jawbone II- I found it didn’t really fit me to well, it felt loose even playing around with the different hooks and ear pieces. The Volume was slightly louder than the Plantronics, and the noise cancelation was way better than Plantronics, but some noise still could be heard. It sometimes sounded choppy as well.

I brought both of these back. Well not because they are crappy. because I Have just been buying head sets, trying them for a few days,, bringing them back and trying other ones here at the future shop in Canada, sounds pretty lame but I wanted the best head set I could find for a trucker.

Next I want to try is the Blue Ant... I am told the noise cancellation isn’t as good as a jawbone, some say it’s as good, some say it’s not. I don’t know I guess they can’t be too far apart from each other. My main question is this.

Which head set has a louder in ear volume? The jawbone II or the blue ant? For those who have tried both.

What turning me away from the jawbone II is that it could be a bit louder at times. And I hate the buttons, I always disconnect calls when I’m trying to drive, and the volume selection button is a little sketchy, and it’s not really comfortable. I am told the blue ant is much more comfortable, and at par with the jawbones noise cancellations.

I know there is the VXI Blue parrot, but I can’t find any good dealers in Canada, and when I go to truck stops they are always sold out.

Can someone tell me which one is the louder ear piece?

djm2
12-27-2008, 04:58 PM
I know there is the VXI Blue parrot, but I can’t find any good dealers in Canada, and when I go to truck stops they are always sold out.

I am not a trucker, but the Blue Parrot knocks the socks off of the others. There is a reason it is sold out. Order from Amazon.

Update: Here is a link: Amazon.com: VXI BlueParrott 202524 Roadwarrior B250 Bluetooth Handsfree Headset for Cell Phones and Computers with AC and Auto Chargers: Cell Phones & Service (http://www.amazon.com/BlueParrott-202524-Roadwarrior-Bluetooth-Handsfree/dp/B0017H88XG/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1218236523&sr=8-1)

kwantz
12-28-2008, 01:31 AM
anyone else?

gvgerman
12-28-2008, 11:03 AM
I've had the Blue Ant Z9 and was disappointed. It was not loud enough in a (high-end-of-market) car on an interstate highway at 75 mph w/ windows up and A/C or heater on. I've since tried two Jabra bluetooth units and they're worse. I have been wrestling with the idea of buying the BlueParrott B250, myself, just to get a device loud enough to be used in a car at highway speeds.

sch911
12-28-2008, 11:18 AM
I use the Jawbone II. It took me a while to get comfortable with it, make it fit properly (had to bend/re-shape the clip a little), etc. But it works great for me.....

Knocka
12-28-2008, 01:31 PM
I used the original Jawbone, the Jawbone II and the BlueAnt Z9i. My least favorite was the Jawbone II. I found it was not loud enough, and people I talked to complained they could not understand me, that my voice was muffled. The Jawbone I also slightly muffles your voice (I think it must have something to do with the noise cancellation).

I have found the BlueAnt is the best. The noise cancellation is not as good, but the incoming sound quality is the best of his group. I also have not had complaints from people on the other end of the conversation.

takeshi
12-28-2008, 01:35 PM
I'd suggest looking a bit harder for the Blue Parrot. Everything I've read indicates that truckers specifically recommend it.

StuartV
12-29-2008, 10:30 AM
I tried a bunch of different headsets back during last Feb/Mar. I tried the Jawbone and didn't like it because I could never get it to feel like it was solidly in my ear. And it wasn't loud enough.

The best I found were both Jabra. The BT8040 and the JX10 Series II. The BT8040 seemed to have slightly better noise cancellation, but the JX10 was so close as to not matter. They were both decently loud. But, the BEST was taking the ear gel from the 8040 and putting it on the JX10. That makes the JX10 fit very solid without even using the ear hook. And it insulates the ear a little bit better from outside noise, as well as directing the sound into the ear canal a little better. The JX10 with the 8040 ear gel is the easiest to hear of all the headsets I tried, and I nothing I tried felt more secure in my ear.

I returned the 8040 and kept the JX10, and then called Jabra and told them I had the 8040 and needed a new ear gel. They sent me a new pack (like what comes with the 8040) for no charge. That plus all the very well-designed charging options that come with the JX10, and the really long-lasting battery, make it a no-brainer for me. If I lost mine today, I'd buy another one immediately.