PDA

View Full Version : Email appears on Messages too

BritBerryUser
12-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Brand new Blackberry User here. Why are my emails showing up not only under their accounts but also under Messages? I wd have thought Messages would be texts only. Can I change it to be that way?

ScooterG
12-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Go to Messages/Options/General Options/SMS and Email Inboxes; select Separate and save.

btdown
12-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Another option is to scroll to various email account folders then hit alt+trackball click) and "hide" all the other email folders and only use the main Messages folder.

Shaun
12-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Another option is to scroll to various email account folders then hit alt+trackball click) and "hide" all the other email folders and only use the main Messages folder.

Or do this for the main Message folder, and keep the separate accounts visible, with the SMS/MMS split out.

takeshi
12-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Brand new Blackberry User here. Why are my emails showing up not only under their accounts but also under Messages? I wd have thought Messages would be texts only. Can I change it to be that way?
Messages is not your text inbox. It is a universal inbox. All email, SMS, MMS, PIN, saved browser requests, saved web pages, calls (if call logging is enabled), etc will show up in Messages.

ScooterG's instructions will create a separate SMS/MMS icon if that is desired. Keep in mind that if you hide Messages you won't be able to see some items I mentioned above.

nalin65
12-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Another newbie here. Wat if I do want all my messages in one universal box? Can I just delete the other mailboxes?

Shaun
12-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Highlight them, access the menu, and select Hide. Be sure Show All is unchecked.

You can hide them, but not delete them.

VIOLATOR
12-28-2008, 05:24 PM
nalin65 -

Just create a new folder and move all of the individual e-mail icons into that folder then move the folder to the bottom row of icons.

Leave the main "Messages" folder.

David

vliou
12-28-2008, 05:24 PM
While you're in there...you can also MOVE icons around...a handy feature for me when I first got my BB a decade ago...I move all my essentials at the top, and go down in decreasing use...(y)