PDA

View Full Version : 507 Error - Also not recognized by windows, Help!

benjy1000000
12-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Just bought my first blackberry 8310 (secondhand off ebay, just wanted to try one out before i commited to a brand new one)

I tried to update the software on the phone but when it came to "connecting to boot rom" it simply said the device wasnt connected

now all I get on the device is the 507 error - which in doing my research have found is that there is no OS on the device.

I've found countless tutorials in how to fix this - and have attempted to do so but with no sucess

Reason being is the Device is not recognized by the Desktop Manager OR the Device Manager... or even windows, when i plug it into the computer (i've tried 2 usb cables, its not connected to a hub and ive tried 3 different USB ports) theres NO connection sound, NO pop ups, nothing!

can anyone help?

benjy1000000
12-28-2008, 09:00 PM
oh by the way - the device was working just fine when i got it - probably should mention that.

gcn046
12-28-2008, 09:17 PM
I just recovered a Pearl last week. This link is what helped me..

Basically, you'll go to Application Loader in BB Desktop. You can download and install applications through there.

I'm new on BlackBerryForums, but not new to using BlackBErry's. I can't add the link I got info from. but I can do this; PINSTACKDOTCOM

jsconyers
12-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Follow these steps and be VERY patient!

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe)