PDA

View Full Version : Is there a good mobile site for movie reviews?

GadgetGuru72
12-28-2008, 11:17 PM
I was hoping Rotten Tomatoes had a mobile version, but I can't seem to find it if they do.

Are there any good mobile sites for movie reviews?

akosnitzky
12-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Why not use Opera Mini to view?

GadgetGuru72
12-28-2008, 11:20 PM
Why not use Opera Mini to view?

I know I'm in the EXTREME minority in this opinion, but I don't like Opera Mini. I prefer to use the built-in browser.

Do you know of any mobile movie review sites that work with the built-in browser?

akosnitzky
12-28-2008, 11:32 PM
I do not but will search around and will post if I discover anything.

akosnitzky
12-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Take a look at the USA Today Mobile site

The Life section has an article on Marley and me.

Not sure about CNN or MSNBC Entertainment sections

GadgetGuru72
12-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Thanks, but I just found this:

http://edlindustries.com/launchers/rottentom/rottentom.jad

OTA download. Seems to work.

akosnitzky
12-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Very good

You may want to share in Aftermarket or media section

daphne
12-29-2008, 02:42 AM
I know I'm in the EXTREME minority in this opinion, but I don't like Opera Mini. I prefer to use the built-in browser.

Do you know of any mobile movie review sites that work with the built-in browser?

I don't like Opera Mini either.

The AOL mobile portal has links to movie reviews. The New York Times mobile site has them also. The big news sites with mobile versions most likely have movie reviews -- look for the entertainment section on the sites. I haven't checked for movie reviews, but you might check USA Today's mobile site, LA Times, etc. If you have your browser emulation set to BlackBerry, most sites will detect it and give you the mobile site by default. I just found movie reviews on m.yahoo.com also.

I'll bet you can get movie reviews with Viigo, too, but I haven't looked for them there.

SteveO86
12-29-2008, 08:01 AM
I would just do a google search for movie reviews and hit the "mobile" option in the google results, that should get in the right direction. I can't try that right now, so I can't post what results I get.