PDA

View Full Version : sync with Outlook help

Tritan
01-01-2009, 09:58 PM
I have 4 and 5 contacts for each person after trying to sync with google and then syncing back to Outlook so I am trying to clean this up . I took a few hours and corrected all the contacts on Outlook so now I need to know the best way to start over without making duplicates. I have outlook 2007 and wondering a few things. First off in address book the same as contacts in Outlook? I have a tab for both and need to know which one the bb software syncs with or are they the same. 2nd question is what is the best way to dump my contacts on the berry so I don't connect to the computer and it tries to autosync creating duplicates again.

thanks.:bb:

DigitalDave76
01-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Sorry I have no advice on this. I'm having similar problems though. Just wanted to take the opportunity to rant a little...

I can't believe BlackBerry doesn't have simple point and click solutions for merging/syncing/updating address books with common sources like Outlook or Yahoo!

Come on already!

flat7
01-02-2009, 12:48 AM
I uninstalled Google calendar sync, all my issues started when I installed it. Double and triple entries in the calendar and now DM is not syncing at all but crashing. Can't stay up and work on this tonight, maybe tomorrow. Good luck.

rambo47
01-02-2009, 12:52 AM
I don't think the issue is between Outlook and the BB. I would blame Google. Blackberry's integration with Outlook is traditionally quite strong. Google is the new kid here and I would think it's up to them to make their apps play nice with the others.