PDA

View Full Version : Major Issues w/BB Bold.

sicsol
01-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the site & sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section. I'm having a major issue. I bought a BB BOLD BNIB from an auction. I have a BB Curve at the moment. I had taken the sim card our from my Curve & place it into the Bold & the Bold is saying "SIM Card Fail", I live in Toronto so I had taken it to a Rogers Wireless store & in fact there is a fault with this phone with it not reading the sim card, now since I had bought it from an auction Roger will not fix it without a receipt, I was wondering if anyone has any idea on how I go about getting my BB replaced or exchange for a new one, like I said the Phone is BRAND NEW & came in a SEALED BOX.

Thanks. ,

CO_BBTechie
01-02-2009, 04:24 PM
To which carrier is the phone branded? Does that match the carrier of the SIM you're trying to use? If not, you'll need to have the device unlocked.

sicsol
01-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I'm currently with Rogers Wireless & wanted to upgrade to the BOLD that is also from Rogers, its also stamped on the phone saying it belongs to the Rogers network.

Rogers wireless was only able to tell me to return it back to whom you bought it from, & I'm like great I can't see that happening. I'm out 500.00 bucks

CO_BBTechie
01-02-2009, 04:32 PM
You might just see if Rogers will provide you with a new SIM. They do fail from time to time, even though it may work in your existing device.

ArgonNJ
01-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Which is why I would never buy a BB at an auction site. New, in the box isn't always so.

sicsol
01-02-2009, 04:36 PM
It's funny you say that, I have more then one phone & thought the exact same thing & had tried both my sim cards & my wife along with a new one from Rogers. The strange thing everythign else on the phone works great, games, videos, music.

I was really hopping to find someone that work with Rogers that could help me.

rambo47
01-02-2009, 05:47 PM
If it's defective you should return it to the seller and get a refund. Carriers won't support devices bought from third parties, only ones they themselves sold you. They have no control over what was done to it after they sold it originally, so why should they eat other people's problems?