PDA

View Full Version : Help Strange Bleep and Blurp sounds

Ceagles
01-04-2009, 06:23 PM
I am hoping someone can help me.

I get these weird strange sounds coming from my 8800 when not in use, also the battery runs flat much quicker, I did see a post from another site but the question has not been answered.

When it just sits there beside me is bleeps, blurps and Gongs away every 10 mins or so, really strange sounds, I am sure no applications are running so I have no idea what could be causing it but its terribly annoying.

Has anyone any idea what this could be?

Thanks.

ndub33
01-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Welcome to the forums!

My first guess would be that you have alerts set up for your e-mail, MMS, calendar appointments, etc. Go to Profiles on you home screen to review these, and if you want, change any of them you choose to "Silent".

Ceagles
01-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi,

Thank you for the welcome and reply.

I go to Profiles and my options are..

Loud
Vibrate
Quiet
Normal
Phone Only
Off
Advanced

Under Advanced the options are the same, I cannot see anything that allow modifying something specific to calender/reminders, etc...

I see nothing about Alerts under Profiles.

ndub33
01-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Go to the rofile that you currently have active, then click on it. It should take you to a sub menu of different BlackBerry apps that you can set an alert for.

Ceagles
01-05-2009, 10:08 PM
I went to that profile I have active being "Normal" I clicked on it and no options became available, just switched back to the home screen.

I know that I do not have any alarm alerts set, my alerts come up from my outlook calender advising of scheduled meeting etc...but there are no alarms only quiet pop up reminders.

I would say it switched back to the home screen as there are no alarms on.

But still the bleeps and blurps continue, I do recall they sarted not long after I first started using the Whereis Navigator, so I am curious if it doesnt have anything to do with the GPS.

jjmach
01-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Go first to Advance, then there select your active profile and click on it, it will allow you to change the sounds.
As another test, you could change your profile to off, so it should not make any noise at all, if the noise keep coming back, at least you will know is nothing related to your profiles.

Regars