PDA

View Full Version : Email Setup, Option not there

jefflemon
01-05-2009, 06:48 AM
Hi,

I have a blackberry storm and I want to add my pop 3 email account to it, but when I go into the set up the option "I want to create or add a new email address" is not there, the only option is the Enterprise server option, any ideas?

akosnitzky
01-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Are you using BES or BIS?

jefflemon
01-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Im not sure, how can I tell?

Dubdub
01-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Is this a corporate BB connected to your companies Blackberry Server?

Homeuser66
01-06-2009, 03:39 PM
I want to set up my email on my Curve 8320 but don't know how..

raja_3012
01-06-2009, 03:42 PM
I want to set up my email on my Curve 8320 but don't know how..

Please search for your answer in the forum 1st. Please do not derail the thread.

jefflemon
01-07-2009, 06:16 AM
No its not corporate, wanna set up with a standard pop3 server

rambo47
01-07-2009, 08:43 AM
You need a Blackberry Data Plan. For a non-corporate user that would be BIS. Once you have the plan activated on your account you should get the option to add email accounts.

Homeuser66
01-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Ok, since this wasn't an attempt to "Derail this Thread" , I have just downloaded my hand held software from my service provider T-Mobile. Even though I had this version on my new phone, I had used the transfer wizard to transfer all my files and data from my old phone (8700g) to my new Curve. From doing so, I think it wiped out my email set up and other needed software for my new phone. I am in the progress as we speak of reinstalling this hand held software. In doing so, I found a bunch of software that was missing, is now being reinstalled.
I'm not sure if this helps you, but it's worth a try. Providing you are having a similar issue..From what I understand,the software allows for up to 10 email accounts...
I'll post my findings...

daveboy
01-08-2009, 12:35 PM
I also have this problem, having recently got a Curve through Orange. I found this site after searching about the issue.

Whilst not trying to hijack the original post, if anyone is on Orange in the UK with a Blackberry it would be helpful to know exactly what I should have on my account.

I still don't know how to access web pages on my phone when not at home....I can do it at home with wi-fi but am lost when I want to do it any other time.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Homeuser66
01-08-2009, 12:46 PM
DAVEBOY, MY ISSUE HAS BEN FIXED. Have your carrier check your account. i had the wrong stuff on my account, they messed it up but fixed it and now mine is good!

daveboy
01-11-2009, 05:26 AM
My phone is actually an additional one on my wifes account...so I got her to ring Orange and surprise surprise it was due to not having the correct thing on the account.

Don't know what it's like in the USA but when first getting the phone, in the top right corner was 'gprs'. This needs to be in capitals - 'GPRS' for a start. Then you can register the email addresses, in my case at blackberry.orange.co.uk.

The original poster will find that a phone call to Vodafone will solve the problem...I now have the option to add an email address on my phone.

As a final point I am glad I was a bit clueless....I've found a great site because of it.