PDA

View Full Version : New BB User needs help

kavi
10-08-2005, 09:16 AM
Hello,

This is my first of hopefully many many more posts. I just got my blackberry about a week ago. I love it so far. I also just got a HS850 yesterday.

I signed up for a GMail account and sending all of my .bellsouth mail to it. For some reason I am getting Spam that is not in my G-mail account (in the inbox or the Spam folder). Has anyone else run into this?

Also, what 3rd party websites can I go to and find apps like the backlight one?

Thanks in advance,

Kavi

harryzuluberries
10-08-2005, 11:36 AM
hello Kavi! Welcome. First, which carrier are you on? Second, for software, there are two whole forums dedicated to that question. There is the RIM Software forum, and the Aftermarket Software forum and in one of them is a whole sticky on the topic of "best blackberry software" complete with hyperlinks to the vendors/authors. Look there and i'm sure most of your questions will be answered.

kavi
10-08-2005, 11:58 AM
I have a 7520 on the Nextel Network. Thank your for the info. Any suggestions on the E-mail thing?

harryzuluberries
10-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Only one thought on the email thing. When I had my i860 I would get junk email for no reason coming directly to the phone's email address. I haven't experienced this yet with my 7520. Have you gone onto any websites that have subscriptions (newsletters, updates, etc.). In the header of the spam, find out which email address they're spamming. Roll the trackwheel so that the "to" email address is highlighted, then click the trackwheel to bring up the menu and go to "show address." click the trackwheel and see which address they're spamming.

kavi
10-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Thanks!