PDA

View Full Version : Help a firefighter out?

bhoudek
01-07-2009, 02:09 PM
I was wondering if anybody knew of software for the blackberry that can create a firefighter shift calendar (I have an 8700g). The way our shifts work is there is red, black, and gold. For example today is black shift, tomorrow red shift, then gold. What I would like to do is color each day with the correlating shift and be able to enter comments/notes. With the blackberry calendar software the best I was able to do is enter a new appointment which is recurring every 3 days. This will make the selected shift (black for example) day appear in bold. However if I were to add the other shifts they would all be bold in the same color. I don't believe there is a way to do this with the blackberry software but perhaps there is other calendar software I'm not aware of that can. Obviously it would be great if it were freeware but I'm willing to spare a few dollars for a good program. The closest thing I was able to find was BBShiftCal by Gasda Software. This program almost does everything I want but you aren't able to click on the days to enter notes. It basically is a bunch of images for each month. I'm hoping there's already a calendar software that is capable of doing this but I haven't been able to find one. Any help will be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!!

VIOLATOR
01-07-2009, 09:55 PM
That is a great request and I would be interested in something similar.

Hell - I would like something like that on my regular PC!

David

BCollins521
01-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Off the top of my head you would need different calendar's to have that option, which the easiest way I know of is having 2 more email accounts (they add calendars too). I don't know if there is a way to add just the calendar part. Maybe Google..with the gsync and make the different calendars on Google and see if it would sync it to the phone with different colors

on1sony
01-07-2009, 09:58 PM
you fire fighters are overpaid for what you do! :P

raja_3012
01-07-2009, 10:04 PM
The description of "BBShiftCal" looks almost appropriate to what you require.. but I do not think there is a widely available feature/program that will allow you to do that.

You may want to try Pocketday free for 30 days and see whether or not it serves your purpose. sample screen shot http://www.pocketday.com/images/pdmonthview.jpg

bhoudek
01-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Google can't do it neither can pocket day... As for a PC app that can do it... Mozilla Sunbird.... free app made by the same company that makes the firefox browser.

CrazyBeautiful
01-12-2009, 03:24 AM
I was wondering if anybody knew of software for the blackberry that can create a firefighter shift calendar (I have an 8700g). The way our shifts work is there is red, black, and gold. For example today is black shift, tomorrow red shift, then gold. What I would like to do is color each day with the correlating shift and be able to enter comments/notes. With the blackberry calendar software the best I was able to do is enter a new appointment which is recurring every 3 days. This will make the selected shift (black for example) day appear in bold. However if I were to add the other shifts they would all be bold in the same color. I don't believe there is a way to do this with the blackberry software but perhaps there is other calendar software I'm not aware of that can. Obviously it would be great if it were freeware but I'm willing to spare a few dollars for a good program. The closest thing I was able to find was BBShiftCal by Gasda Software. This program almost does everything I want but you aren't able to click on the days to enter notes. It basically is a bunch of images for each month. I'm hoping there's already a calendar software that is capable of doing this but I haven't been able to find one. Any help will be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!!

My hubby is a firefighter and I keep his schedual in my 8100. But we don't do color days we do A B C and D days. Each shift is a day and my husbands day is B so for each B shift I have the clander marked so that the date is in bold so I know that is a day he will be at work and I have to work around him not being home. The color thing sounds pretty cool though.

CrazyBeautiful
01-12-2009, 03:26 AM
you fire fighters are overpaid for what you do! :P

Yea I wish.