PDA

View Full Version : Email & Message Delay

ejLkickS
01-08-2009, 02:17 AM
Hey folks,
Recently I've noticed that my messages come together rather than immediately getting them as I would.

For example,
Before I was able to receive e-mails and notifications and messages on my phone as soon as I got them.
But now, I'm getting them sent to me every other 10-15min or so. Like if I get an e-mail at 8:04PM and another at 8:09PM. I would get them both around 8:20 or even later sometimes. It's a bit frustrating.

Same goes with my facebook notifications as well. I'm getting all my messages at once every once in a while.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Dubdub
01-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Please explain "before".

RIM pushes email to your device about every 15 minutes. If mail is found, RIM will repoll in 2-3 minutes, sending what it finds and repoll again in 2-3 minutes until nothing is found. At that pint the poll reverts to the 15 minute cycle. This is how BIS works and it cannot be changed. So things seem to be working normally.

If you really need near real time receipt, then you can probably set up a gmail account and forward all of your mail to that. Many people say that gmail arrives quickly. Don't use it myself, so I can't vouch for that.

ejLkickS
01-09-2009, 12:25 AM
I'm not on BIS which is the sort of weird thing and all my e-mail is going to my gmail account that is set up on my BB.

Well "Before" would be,
About two weeks ago, all my emails and notifications would be received with real time receipts. Like if I got an email at say 7:10PM, i would get that email on my phone as well at 7:10 or 7:11PM but NOW, if I get an email at 7:10PM i would get it on my phone between 7:20-7:30.

Is that some what clear?

djm2
01-09-2009, 08:59 AM
You're not on BIS? What sort of data plan do you have?

krisdee73
01-09-2009, 12:43 PM
What Dubdub states is correct concerning RIM's delivery system, I use Gmail and that email is on point for real time delivery. There is a major factor when delivery is inconsistent and that is signal quality, you may lose your data signal, regain it and when your device registers back for data the information is delivered.