View Full Version : hide filed messages not working

Glenn
10-11-2005, 09:08 AM
Hi

we are running BES 4.0
clients are setup to hide filled messages

but when i archive messages in outlook they do not disappear from the handheld
however messages that i delete from my mailbox are removed ok from the handheld

any idea as to what is wrong since the setting hide filed messages is not working

Brgds
Glenn

Dustbin30
10-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Are you archiving off to a PST file? If so go into Desktop Manager - Intellisync - Configure Email and select the PST file you are archiving off to.
This should allow the filed messages to be moved.

RIM - BBTECH
10-11-2005, 09:42 PM
The BES will only look at messages found within the Inbox or a folder within the inbox.

Glenn
10-12-2005, 01:48 AM
we are not using the desktop manager as we are running blackberry enterprise server

im archiving into a folder that is within the exchange mailbox the blackberry has been setup for

but still it will not disappear from the handheld

brgds
Glenn

stevew
10-14-2005, 05:42 AM
we are not using the desktop manager as we are running blackberry enterprise server

im archiving into a folder that is within the exchange mailbox the blackberry has been setup for

but still it will not disappear from the handheld

brgds
Glenn

What happens to the messages in the user's Exchange mailbox? Do the messages appear to be in the correct folder in Outlook? Can you describe the folder hierarchy? When you hit "H" while browsing in the message window, does anything change in the message display? How is your wireless mail reconciliation setup on the BB and are you setup for "Wireless E-mail reconciliation??

Zro
10-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Go into Messages > Options > General options and set Hide Filed Messages to Yes.

Zro

wcec-it
12-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Go into Messages > Options > General options and set Hide Filed Messages to Yes.

Zro

We've got the very same problem with all 7 of my users as Glen reported and have tried the above suggestion but to no avail. The "Moved" messages still appear on the blackberrys, effectively this means they are not fully sync'ed and confuse the poor users [bless them] about which ones they've dealt with or not.

Any further suggestions out there?????

BlackBerry Master
12-23-2005, 06:52 PM
We've got the very same problem with all 7 of my users as Glen reported and have tried the above suggestion but to no avail. The "Moved" messages still appear on the blackberrys, effectively this means they are not fully sync'ed and confuse the poor users [bless them] about which ones they've dealt with or not.

Any further suggestions out there?????

I would:
1.) Go to Messages -> Options on the BlackBerry.
2.) Go to Email Settings, push in the trachwheel and select "Folder Redirection".
3.) Expand the Mailbox option. You should see the folder that you are moving items into. If you don't that's your problem. If it is, let me know.

If you DO...
How are these messages being archived?
The BES scans a users mailbox for changes. When it sees a message MOVED (simply taking a message from folder A and putting it in folder B), it reconciles this change with the BlackBerry. If it doesn't know where the message went, these messages become orphaned on the BlackBerry and they just stay there.

A good test to check this out...try replying to a message that didn't move. If you get an error when trying to send that the original message cannot be referenced then you know it's the WAY messages are being archived. The BES didn't know what happened to them so...they stay.

H.Nayl
12-29-2005, 08:57 AM
I am having the same issue all of a sudden. It's out of the blue as well because this feature has been working for me all along. Then yesterday I noticed that all the messages I filed during the work day were still present on my BB. I tried setting the device to not hide file messages and back again, but it will not hide filed messages. I am really not sure why this is and all the troubleshooting i've done has led me no where with this issue....

dgj
01-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Until I rebooted by BB and changed SIM cards, I was NOT seeing the junk mail that Outlook/MSExchange redirected into the junk mail folder but now I am on my 8700c. What happened?