PDA

View Full Version : Email Question

THSTdan1
01-11-2009, 02:20 AM
Hi, this is my first post, so please treat me gently!

I have 2 blackberries. One for work and as of yesterday a new personal Curve 8900, which is great.

On my work BB, I recieve mails on both the handset and desktop and they stay on both until they are deleted.

On the personal handset, which is linked to Outlook Express, as soon as I open OE, the mail is removed from the handset. Is there a way that I can keep them on both once OE is opened?

Thanks in advance for your help.

ezrunner
01-11-2009, 07:55 AM
Wirelessly posted (hope is everything!)

I am inclined to believe that there is setting in OE that can be changed but I am not 100% sure

Haven't used OE in many many years

Perhaps some one with a bit more knowledge will come along

I will search as well

SteveO86
01-11-2009, 09:11 AM
Can I assume you running the Desktop Redirector, or do you a normal pop3 account (Yahoo/Gmail/AOL/etc) setup on your Blackberry?

takeshi
01-12-2009, 04:44 PM
We definitely need details on your mail account... The mail client (Outlook Express) isn't really relevant unless it's configured to remove mail from the server but that shouldn't remove mail already delivered to the BB.

Dubdub
01-12-2009, 07:00 PM
By removed from the handset, do you mean they do not arrive on the handset, or they are there, but then deleted?

bribears
01-13-2009, 01:00 PM
disable syncing Outlook express (OE) directly with your BB on the PC.
setup Outlook express to use IMAP for your email.
setup the BB to check the same email account, again using IMAP

With this setup what is on OE will be on the BB and it will match no matter which device is used to read\delete the emails.

To save emails, make a local folder in OE and move the emails you do not want left on your mail server to that local folder. You will want to do this for two reasons....your mail server has a size quota...and you won't want a ton of emails on the BB. Once you move them from the OE Inbox (the IMAP connection to the mail server) the mail should get removed from tyour BB (often there is some delay with mail deleted (or moved) in OE getting updated on the BB)