PDA

View Full Version : Using BB 8320 as modem for laptop...

Kairo
01-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Whatzzzz Up Peeps!?!

If anyone dare...I just started using BB as modem for my laptop. Internet is working fine BUT when i go to view video (such as CNN or Youtube) there is a pause in video for about 2-3 seconds, then video continues for about 9-10 seconds, then the 2-3 seconds pause happen again. I'm not sure if this is a problem that can be fix, settings adjusted or if it a standard problem with this type of modem connection. Any opinions or advice would be appreciated. I have T-mobile for a carrier and connection and a New HP Pavilion...

Thanx-In-Advance,

monkeypaw
01-11-2009, 01:40 PM
What's probably happening is the video partially loads then starts playing. But on slow connections the play usage is faster than the data download speed. So it stops playing until enough of the file is downloaded again. Then plays until it catches up again.

Unless you can change the setting on the website so it downloads the full video before playing or change the quality of the video to very low quality, this is not really fixable.

Kairo
01-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Interesting, Thanx for that info...I will try your suggestion!
Very Helpful...

wingrider78
01-11-2009, 02:50 PM
You don't have to actually change a setting on the website...for youtube videos, when they start playing, just hit pause and let the video load until it's more than halfway loaded, then start playing again...no setting changes needed.

Kairo
01-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Nice! You guys are great...

Thanx for helping out a newbie to the "Crack-Berry World"!