PDA

View Full Version : 7750 the worst blackberry why is it so slow..what is the fix

7750sucks
10-25-2004, 06:45 PM
is there any fix to make my 7750 cdma bell blackberry run faster..i have had it a month and it is painfully slow...there has to be something i can do...cdma cant slow it down THIS much...had a 957 for years..thought this was going to be an upgrade..paid 600 bucks for this and its been a month so i cant return it...this just sucks...how can rim even sell this device?!??!?!? UNBelievably slow....what can i do?

7750sucks
10-25-2004, 06:54 PM
also forgot to add..if i hard reset the 7750 it takes 5-10 minutes for it to boot up...all i see is an hour glass for 5-10 mins...this is just plain ridiculous.....there has to be something wrong with my bberry..maybe its defective?

rsun
10-25-2004, 11:28 PM
I tested a 7750 and my only concern was the battery life. I've got a 7100t now, so I'm much happier, but I think when the 4.x firmware comes out I think it will make the 7750 much better, should be out before the end of the year I hear.

finch
10-26-2004, 07:10 AM
also forgot to add..if i hard reset the 7750 it takes 5-10 minutes for it to boot up...all i see is an hour glass for 5-10 mins...this is just plain ridiculous.....there has to be something wrong with my bberry..maybe its defective?

If you think it's deffective call Bell and see if they'll do a warranty swap?

Inphektion
10-26-2004, 07:48 AM
We love verizon, best network in the US... everytime we tried a Verizon BB we had to switch back to tmo. They ARE slower, the newest one more so than the black and white one but still they suck for that. If you can get by on another network, do so, otherwise hope that 4.0 will somehow speed it up.

cjdietzman
10-26-2004, 08:30 AM
Hey 7750 Sucks, I have had my 7750 for about 5 months, and YES, mine is just as slow. Same slow boot-up time too. I also have other problems with it. FOr example, speed dial will stop working for no reason for a few days, then it will start working again. Very strange. PLUS, my display will lose its resolution all of the sudden and get all "blocky." I like the unit overall, but it has issues.

sash
10-27-2004, 03:26 AM
Hey all,

I have a 7750 on Telus and while it's not as fast as my Palm Tungsten C (450 mhz processor, 64 mb ram), it's hardly a slug. I have over a 1000 contacts and it doesn't bog down scrolling through the list, choosing contacts, saving updates or switching apps. Yes - resetting the unit takes a while but I've only had to do that once.

Where exactly is it slow for you? Have to compared it to another 7750?

wormx
10-27-2004, 10:02 AM
My telus 7750 is definitely a slug -- it can take over a minute to open brickbreaker, for instance. And then once it's open, it takes a long time for the level to begin after hitting OK. Any of the magmic games are super slow to open too.

Sash are you saying that your 7750 doesn't have any kind of delay? Do you see that hourglass on the screen turning over and over?

I also notice some slowness in the calendar on agenda view, when scrolling past a certain point (every couple of weeks or so, when it has to reorganize the calendar for the view).

Even turning off the wireless is a little slow, when compared to the 957, where killing the wireless was like flipping a light-switch.

I would like to see 7750 owners share their experiences with their blackberris -- let each other know anything that they've found that makes it less of a pain to use.

I will start with the game "White Ninja" -- it must have very lightweight code because it actually opens fairly quickly and runs very quickly too. So that's my software pick of the day. Enjoy.

7750sucks
10-27-2004, 11:31 AM
Sash...tell us more...it seems as if wormx is having the same sort of issues i am..but you are not...maybe we have a defective bunch....mine is so ridiculously slow...need to figure out a fix..this is killin me.

sash
10-28-2004, 01:19 AM
...But I guess I don't really see the speed drop as I only use one 3rd party app - Webmessenger. I don't play games on the BB as none of them interest me and take up precious space (I'm used to 64 mb on my Palm). FYI, Webmessenger takes about 10 seconds to load up on my unit...

So, I surmise 3rd party apps like games will slow your 7750 down but if you are using only the pre installed app, speed won't be an issue.

Hopefully there will be a speedy CDMA OS 4 version! If cell #'s were portable here in Canada, I would have probably grabbed the GSM version of the BB. Right now, it would be very tough if I had to switch tel #'s on my business cards, letterheads etc...

slippery1
10-28-2004, 07:50 AM
My 7750 is fairly reliable and problem free, but I'm sure I could toast a piece of bread faster then it takes to load 3rd. party apps.
"Hour glass" that is an appropriate name....
although I do love the BB.