PDA

View Full Version : Won't Forward Lotus

greyS60
10-11-2005, 03:42 PM
I cannot get my Blackberry 7250 to recieve email from my work computer. I do not get the redirector option with my desktop manager. The error I get when I click on it tells me that I need to have an online connection to my email. What could be wrong?

Cheri9724
10-11-2005, 03:58 PM
You may want to verify that your Desktop Manager is pointing to your notes.ini.

greyS60
10-11-2005, 04:10 PM
How do I do that?

greyS60
10-11-2005, 04:12 PM
I can go to the Lotus Notes Login and the error I get is the BlackBerry server is eitehr unavailable of specified incorrectly. How do i know what the BlackBerry server should be?

Cheri9724
10-11-2005, 09:22 PM
You should determine where your notes.ini file exists by doing a search on your system. At the initial log in screen for blackberry desktop manager, click the Advanced button. This is where you can direct it to look at the location of your notes.ini by selecting Browse or Using the default location. The second part to your question.....you need to ask what your administrator has named your blackberry server. The server name is unique to each organization and gets named by your administrator. A final note, your adminstrator has to add you as a blackberry user to the blackberry enterprise server so basically it's best to work through your IT folks.

messman24
03-20-2006, 04:08 PM
i am getting the same message however i had this working once before today, i can go to the Lotus Notes Login and the error I get is the BlackBerry server is either unavailable of specified incorrectly

pomc
07-28-2006, 11:55 AM
Digging up this old thread because I am experiencing the same error with Lotus and the Desktop Manager. I go to advanced and select the BES, but still get the error. I've even entered the IP address of the BES and still no luck. The BES Admin is stumped too.

Would it be a permissions setting in Domino or the BES? In Notes, if I choose OPen, Database and select the BES, I get : "Server Error: You are not authorized to use the server".

Any ideas?

phoenixsue9002
07-30-2006, 06:04 AM
Would it be a permissions setting in Domino or the BES? In Notes, if I choose OPen, Database and select the BES, I get : "Server Error: You are not authorized to use the server".

Any ideas?

based on experience, your name should be added on the ACL (access control list) on the server's database... otherwise, you wont be able to open your db on the BES