PDA

View Full Version : Locked out of phone

lk43
01-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Hello,

I accidently locked myself out of my phone. My phone had a password to it, and I forgot the password and already used up the set amount of tries that I was allowed. I called customer service and the blackberry technical support for my blackberry 7230 and they are asking me to type in blackberry as my new password. My question is, if I do that will that erase all my data and set me back to my default system restoration? Or will it have my old messages/data but just erase my forgotten passwrord.

Is there anything available for me to save my data even if I am locked out?
My data is very important to me, and I do not wish to loose it.

Thanks for your help!

Thatzmister2u
01-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Hello,

I accidently locked myself out of my phone. My phone had a password to it, and I forgot the password and already used up the set amount of tries that I was allowed. I called customer service and the blackberry technical support for my blackberry 7230 and they are asking me to type in blackberry as my new password. My question is, if I do that will that erase all my data and set me back to my default system restoration? Or will it have my old messages/data but just erase my forgotten passwrord.

Is there anything available for me to save my data even if I am locked out?
My data is very important to me, and I do not wish to use it.

Thanks for your help!

Yes, you will lose the data. If you cannot remember the password there is no way around it. I'm very sorry.

E-

NJBlackBerry
01-13-2009, 07:08 PM
I guess you never used the Backup facility included in Desktop Manager.

ezrunner
01-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Wirelessly posted (hope is everything!)

Tough lesson learned

lk43
01-14-2009, 08:51 AM
Thank you very much for your help.