PDA

View Full Version : calendar confusion

CDGCurve
01-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Ok this will probably be a newbie question, but it's all good. So I have 3 e-mail accounts on my BB - att, gmail and another gmail. I have the google sync app which apparently allows you to view all calendars for all e-mail addresses you have on your BB

On the BB calendar it is showing all calendars for all accounts. And for some reason, I accidentally put the same, repeated event in on both calendars - I never do that but it somehow happened. Now I have the same event on two calendars showing. "No big deal" I think: "I'll just delete the one I don't want" WRONG I push the del button and nothing happens. I try to open it and it says: "Appointment deleted externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed" -WTF does that mean? When I go to calendar options and select the calendar I want to view, it works. But when I come back to it...it returns to the default view, which is apparently "all calendars" Also, there is an event that is repeated on the same day, same time every week, like it is supposed to be but under event details, it says it is not repeated. When I make it repeated, it makes it an entirely new event that is a twin of the other one that is not repeated, even though it really is.

I guess I don't understand how to 'properly' work and use the Google Sync. Like if I make changes on my PC in my Gmail account, will it update my att e-mail account and/or gmail account/accounts on my BB? I just don't know how it all works.

I really apologize for the long post, but if anyone could explain this to me or send me a link, I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Thanks! BB Forums rock!

CDGCurve
01-14-2009, 01:06 AM
LOL 35 views and not one response? LOL

Anyone?

CDGCurve
02-03-2009, 07:16 PM
100 views later and no one has a suggestion? LOL

Please...it's still driving me crazy!
Also, how come when I add and event on my phone and then sync, it doesn't show up on my google calendar on my PC?

Dubdub
02-03-2009, 07:27 PM
100 views later and no one has a suggestion? LOL

Please...it's still driving me crazy!
Also, how come when I add and event on my phone and then sync, it doesn't show up on my google calendar on my PC?

How do you have google configured for your home PC - 2-way or one way sync?

Can't really help with the other issue, although I use it, but everything goes to just one calendar on my BB.

titetanium
02-03-2009, 08:44 PM
I have multiple calendars on my bb too. I did some experimenting, and found the following with the options I had in mind:
Because I wanted to sync my calendar wirelessly, I used google calendar for syncing. To make sure this is the only calendar I put new events into, I press menu>select calendar>google calendar. Then I create new events while in that view and then sync it wirelessly to my google calendar. To get it back to my pc, I use thunderbird with the lightning plugin btw, I set up the calendar to point to "https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/username@<hidden>/events", then everything on the google calendar shows up in thunderbird/lightning. Make a change in thunderbird/lightning, it automatically changes on the google calendar and then google sync will sync the changes to the bb. Not too hard to do.

One small thing I should warn when using google calendar, the all day events do not sync properly. In other words, if you set an all day event on your bb, google will split it in 2 events, one that is set for 12 hrs and the other for 2 days starting on the next day of your intended date of the all day event. To fix this, go to your google calendar and set it in google and it will sync back to the bb as an all day event. Repeating all day events do not get synced back, I don't know if this applies to daily events, I've only set it for yearly events so far.

If you have a today theme, the all day events from google won't show on the home screen. To get it to show on the home screen you need to set it as a timed event starting at 12:00am ending at 11:59pm, then it will show up on your home screen.

As far as I know, google sync only syncs the google calendar on your bb, it shouldn't sync the at&t or the bb calendar. My yahoo calendar doesn't sync with the google calendar.

To sum the whole thing: select the calendar you want to sync with and create the event in that calendar instead of all calendars. Then you should be fine.

shed53
02-23-2009, 02:48 PM
I have a similar problem, and I'm not sure how I got there, so I'm not sure how to resolve it.

I have a Curve 8320 with carrier Orange in the UK. I use Gmail for my personal email and Fastmail for my business email. I've set them both up on BlackBerry Internet Service from my handset and both emails work fine. Of course, I also have a new email account and service with Orange's Blackberry service.

I bought my BlackBerry a week ago, then noticed after a couple of days that I now have two calendars on my handset. One is Orange and one is Gmail. I use BlackBerry Desktop Manager to sync my calendar, my address book and my tasks from Outlook 2007 to my handset. I had previously set up Google Sync to sync my Outlook 2007 calendar with my Google account. I have not explicitly set up a sync between my Google calendar and my BlackBerry - but I am suspicious.

So, I have two questions:
1) Why do I have two calendars on my handset? Is it to do with the Google Sync between Outlook and my Google account?
2) How can I get rid of one of the calendars?

BTW I am considering taking the sync away from BB Desktop Manager and instead having Google sync direct to my BB calendar - which I think I've seen can be done. he aim would be to have wireless sync instead of having to sync manually when the BB is connected to my handset. If I remove the calendar sync from BB Desktop Manager, would I end up with just one calendar?

Many many thanks,

Chris

fordag
02-25-2009, 01:53 AM
I think my post from a few minutes ago will answer some of your questions
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/178147-calendar-sync-issue-os-4-5-a.html

monkeypaw
02-25-2009, 03:08 AM
4.5 is set up so there's a calendar for each email account. You can get rid of them by deleting the service books. Really no harm in having them as they don't really sync up well anyway. You can sync one of them.

Options > Advanced Options > Service Book

Delete the ones that are in this format: user@<hidden> [CICAL]
The [CMIME] ones are the email ones.

If you resend your service books, the calendars will all come back.

shed53
03-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks - the post is very clear and, yes, it does give some answers.
Cheers,
Chris

shed53
03-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the service books explanation. I may be brave and go for it, but I;m also considering trying out an over the air sync product which works via Google calendars. I'd love to be able to do without having to remember to connect my BB to my PC to sync - my wife says I'm lazy in other spheres as well ;-)
Cheers,
Chris

noletide007
03-02-2009, 03:46 PM
4.5 is set up so there's a calendar for each email account. You can get rid of them by deleting the service books. Really no harm in having them as they don't really sync up well anyway. You can sync one of them.

Options > Advanced Options > Service Book

Delete the ones that are in this format: user@<hidden> [CICAL]
The [CMIME] ones are the email ones.

If you resend your service books, the calendars will all come back.

ok, so i can delete one of the calendars by deleting the service book? what if i want to keep multiple calendars, but since upgrade to V4.5 and subsequently v4.7, all synch work except for synching of one of the 2 calendars? i'm not sure why, but my work calendar won't synch at all. everything else including memo pad, tasks and contact does synch, but not the calendar. and at home, with outlook calendar everything seems to work correctly including the calendar. obviously, i have to go into the advanced options-default services and select the correct calendar before synching, but still the calendar through work doesn't synch at all. it doesn't even appear throughout the synch process. no errors, it is just as if it doesn't exist to synch. i'm using curve 8310....help!