PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Calendar doesn't sync

dayleb
01-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Hello,

I have a problem with Outlook Calendar synchronization on all handhelds, the appointments do not replicate either way. A month ago we installed a new Server running SBS 2008 and updated the Blackberry Software on the dedicated Server to 4.1.6.9. Everything else is working fine apart from the Calendar synchronization. I think the problem may have started when the migration took place, the users are unsure when the synchronization stopped as they never used there handhelds over Christmas and have only just noticed the problem.

Exchange Server = Windows 2008 SBS (Running Exchange 2007)
Blackberry Server = Windows 2000, BES version 4.1.6.9

There are several errors in the application log of the Blackberry Server (see below for an example)

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: BlackBerry Messaging Agent RESBLACKBERRY Agent 1
Event Category: None
Event ID: 20216
Date: 14/01/2009
Time: 14:27:20
User: N/A
Computer: RESBLACKBERRY
Description:
{email address} Synchronize() failed: ERR_FAIL, Tag=6639

I verified that the versions of cdo.dll were the same on both the Blackberry and Exchange Servers

Exchange Server = c:\program files (x86)\exchangemapi\cdo.dll (version 6.5.8039.0)

BB Server = C:\Program Files\ExchangeMapi\cdo.dll (version 6.5.8039.0)
I found the following key in the Blackberry Server registry......
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{3FA7DEB3-6438-101B-ACC1-00AA00423326}\InprocServer32 = C:\Program Files\ExchangeMapi\\cdo.dll (notice the double backslash, is this ok?)

There is an older version of cdo.dll in c:\winnt\system32 (version 6.5.6944.0)

I found a number of articles suggesting things to do but as I'm not what you would call an expert on the Blackberry software (my colleague who is away on holiday configured the Blackberry Server and is the in house expert for all Blackberry matters) I thought I would post a new thread and ask for help.

Thanks in advance, Dayle