PDA

View Full Version : Traveling in Costa Rica

Knocka
01-15-2009, 06:19 AM
I have an unlocked Rogers Bold on AT&T. I am going to Costa Rica for a week in mid-February and was wondering what the most cost-efficient way to use my BB would be. I believe that if you add the international plan with AT&T for an extra $20 per month, you are required to keep it for one year (I ran into this problem last year when I went to Canada but managed to convince AT&T to cancel the plan when I returned, but I am not sure I can get away with that again). Any recommendations? Can I buy a prepaid SIM card locally in Costa Rica and use it for both voice and data? Thanks for the help.

JerryD
01-15-2009, 08:18 AM
I support Mobile Devices in a firm with over 31,000 devices, and recently had a partner with a BlackBerry who, if I remember correctly, was in Costa Rica and could not get his email.

When I spoke to AT&T, they said not only did they not have data service in Costa Rica, but that there was NO data service available in the entire country!

I could have the wrong country, but it's not listed here:
International Text Messaging | AT&T wireless services (http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/popups/text-messaging-international-popup.jsp)

You should contact AT&T to be sure.