PDA

View Full Version : T-Mobile Billing on Email

AllenA
01-15-2009, 05:37 PM
I have a question and am sorry if I missed this one when I looked. I'm looking at the $24.99 blackberry plan on T-Mo, I want to pick up the 8900 in a few months (can't upgrade until May :( ) and don't understand their billing on the data plan. I've gotten conflicting answers about Data and email that I push to the phone. I've been told that having emails pushed onto the phone will count against me as a SMS. I've also been told that email is data, so because the plan has unlimited data I will be able to push emails to the phone and reply until my heart is content. My question therefore is which is it?

On the 24.99 plan is email included, or is that going to be an extra charge.

Dubdub
01-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Email is data and goes through RIM. SMS is phone related and goes through the carrier.

You need a BB data plan for the BB to be most efficient - email, Internet, etc. I do think that TMO has an email only BB plan however. But your best bet is an unlimited BB Personal Internet data plan. Not sure what TMO charges, but ATT and Verizon charge $30 a month.

AllenA
01-15-2009, 06:54 PM
The plan for $24.99 that I'm looking at says that it includes:

Unlimited Web access
400 domestic text, picture, e-mail, or instant messages

The problem is with email being included in that statement, as I've been told that email is data and therefore is covered under the unlimited web access.

impalass96
01-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Allen,
I'm currently with T-mobile and the e-mail's are not included on the statement. E-mail's fall under DATA usage monthly amount (Ex. XX MB)

Hope this info helps with your question.

341EastOf
01-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Email is definitely included in the data. Not sure why T-Mobile phrased it that way unless they have made some radical changes that I am not aware of.

impalass96
01-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Unlimited Web access
400 domestic text, picture, e-mail, or instant messages

I think that refers to your 10 Digit Phone Number XXX-XXX-XXXX@<hidden> tmomail.net e-mail address which comes in as text.

sstroud
01-15-2009, 07:37 PM
unless something has changed, email is for sure covered by the unlimited data plan. for me the 400 messages are show as a seperate line item, but emails never show as they are covered under the data plan

AllenA
01-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the responses. The wording on the package is poor at best and did confuse me somewhat. I'm looking forward to getting the 8900 and am glad to hear that the push email feature is included in the 24.99 charge.