PDA

View Full Version : email help

sugacaneshane88
01-16-2009, 09:16 PM
i just got my bold yesterday. i want to be able to send and check me emails from my hotmail account. but i dont want to be notified every time i recieve and email. can i fixx this?

SnapThrow
01-17-2009, 02:48 AM
Wirelessly posted

What do you mean "notified?" You can change the BB to do nothing when a message comes in via tha advanced options in profiles.

sugacaneshane88
01-17-2009, 05:39 PM
well nothing happens when i get an email. but i do see the little yellow envelope to the left of the clock, telling me that there is a new email

crisambo
01-17-2009, 06:33 PM
i just got my bold yesterday. i want to be able to send and check me emails from my hotmail account. but i dont want to be notified every time i recieve and email. can i fixx this?

uhmmm.... when do you want to be notified then? . . . the whole premise of a BlackBerry device is the ability to receive email close to real time as possible, when the email server(s) are operating as they should. The options you have are either you get notification or you mute your notification for your email account. . . . a periodic notification (i.e.: every 30 min or hour), to my knowledge, is not option at this time.

MidnightDraven
01-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Ok, do you want the yellow message notification to not appear?
Or do you want to only be able to check and send emails when you want? i.e. by logging into your account when you need to?

The first is possible, but would turn off ALL notifications, i.e. email, sms etc.
the second is easy, you dont set it up with BIS, but go to the hotmail site on you internet browser.