PDA

View Full Version : confused tmobile sidekik owner looking at blackberrys.

krystal_
01-18-2009, 02:05 AM
hello everyone !! i am currently a tmobile user..with a sidekick slide. i know a ton of people post on here saying the blackberry is better than the sidekick. i agree and i dont even have one yet lol. but i have alot of questions. the thought of a bb kind of scares me. ive been a sk user for about 4 years. im very attached to it. bbs seem so much more complicated. but i have had 38430 million problems with my sidekick slide. so i am ready for a switch. im not sure what model number it is. i know its the blackberry curve (sunset color) from tmobile. anyways..here is my list of questions:

1. does the camera have zoom?
2. can i use the same memory card in my sidekick slide with a blackberry curve?
3. does aim come on the phone or do you download it on there? ( i read alot of things and they all make me go huh..they talk about beejive or something..hellllp)
4. image quality?
5. do internet pages come up the same as sidekicks?
6. this whole internet/texting plans for the blackberry is confusing me. everyone from tmobile says you need data and a texting plan.and this and that. UGGH. but i found this one ..

BlackBerry Unlimited Web + Unlimited Messages $34.99/month*

Get unlimited communication capabilities, with unlimited Web access and domestic messages.

Includes:

Unlimited Web access
Unlimited domestic text, picture, and instant messages
Unlimited personal e-mail

so if i get that and my faves will i have the same thing as my sidekick unlimited???

anything i need to know would help :) thanks !![/SIZE]:smile:

JSanders
01-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Wirelessly posted (8310; RammerJammer!)

1. Zoomm yes.
2. If your current media card is a micro SD card, yes
3. You can install the app if it is not
4. Fair. 2.0 mp images.
5. Don't have a sk, can't say.
6. You need the unlimited data plan on tmo plus a text plan of your choice.

Good luck.

SteveO86
01-18-2009, 10:33 AM
You and JSanders pretty much got it. You just want to make sure get a BlackBerry data plan, since their is a difference between and normal data plan and a BlackBerry data plan, and if you want txting TMobile probably has another fee for that.

rachamphetamine
01-18-2009, 11:27 AM
4) As JSanders said, image quality is fair, however pictures generally turn out MUCH better than the quality taken with the Sidekick cameras...

5) No. The webpages on a BlackBerry will render somewhat differently in the default browser than they do on a Sidekick. While Sidekicks load the "full" version of the page, BBs often load somewhat stripped down pages instead. It may not always be pretty to look at, but the benefit is that they tend to load faster. If you are interesting in getting the same browsing experience, you can always download and install the third-party browser Opera Mini.

SteveO86
01-18-2009, 03:20 PM
5) No. The webpages on a BlackBerry will render somewhat differently in the default browser than they do on a Sidekick. While Sidekicks load the "full" version of the page, BBs often load somewhat stripped down pages instead. It may not always be pretty to look at, but the benefit is that they tend to load faster. If you are interesting in getting the same browsing experience, you can always download and install the third-party browser Opera Mini.

The new Bolt Browser does a decent job at rendering web pages, just doesn't have the download feature that Opera Mini provides.

Metropolis
01-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8330)

Aim doesn't come on the phone. But, you can either download MobileIM (shit) or Aim (good!). They're available on the bb app website.

ooGMiLLSoo
01-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Get the curve! Any blackberry is better than the sidekick.

rachamphetamine
01-18-2009, 09:14 PM
The new Bolt Browser does a decent job at rendering web pages, just doesn't have the download feature that Opera Mini provides.

True, I keep forgetting about the Bolt browser!