PDA

View Full Version : Preventing Sent items from PC client showing up on the Blackberry unit

Wiseass
10-13-2005, 11:32 AM
We recently added the new BES 4.0 server (4.0.2.3 to be exact) from 2.xx that we had. The users that were on 2.xx would NOT get their sent items from their PC mailbox reconciled to their blackberry.

Apparently this is a new feature in 4.x of the BES? I searched here and found several threads documenting how to disable it on the device itself or for the users via the BES manager.

(BlackBerry Enterprise Server -> User Properties -> Redirection -> Selected Folders then click Choose and uncheck Sent Items.)

Is there a way to globally make this a policy? Our users have gotten used to the fact that the sent items from the PC do NOT get put on their Blackberry when it reconciles, however now that we've migrated some to the new server they are complaining.

The end user is never happy as it seems.

Has anyone found a solution either via policy or otherway in the BES to make this change for ALL users and not one at a time like the above mentioned option?

TIA!

edit: I just checked the BES and I dont even see that option for the users?