PDA

View Full Version : Gmail IMAP won't delete messages on BlackBerry

larrymcj
01-20-2009, 12:18 AM
When I delete a message in my Gmail inbox, it never goes away on my BlackBerry (my BlackBerry Gmail IMAP account). If I delete a message on my BlackBerry, it's also instantly deleted from my Gmail inbox. Any ideas?

LarryMcJ

farhanali5
01-20-2009, 01:44 AM
Make sure that you have set the delete on option to Mailbox and handheld.This option is available in email reconciliation.

larrymcj
01-20-2009, 07:22 AM
Make sure that you have set the delete on option to Mailbox and handheld.This option is available in email reconciliation.

Yes, this has always been set. I noticed this morning that the messages I deleted in my Gmail box were now deleted on my BlackBerry. I guess it must just take a long time for Gmail to sync back to the BB.

Larry

mgerbasio
01-20-2009, 08:04 AM
I'm having problem with gmail syncing read messages and have read that using imap it can take up to an hour for the email deletes to sync. This was in a forum, not a BB or google statement.

I'm using the BIS integration so I don't think that uses imap. The downside is no read syncing.

Regards-Michael G.

larrymcj
01-20-2009, 08:16 AM
mgerbasio,

Googling this shows it's apparently 1-2 hrs for Gmail IMAP to sync back to a BlackBerry (or any mail app on which you have Gmail IMAP installed). I have absolutely no other problems using Gmail IMAP installed as an account in BIS. Message marking (Read/Unread, etc.) work just fine.

I actually use the Gmail Mobile App for viewing all messages on my BB, but I have to use the inherent email client on the BlackBerry in order to use Vlingo (vlingo (http://www.vlingo.com)) and once I installed this...I couldn't possibly go back to "thumbing" on the BB.