PDA

View Full Version : Storm Observation

Watoosy
01-20-2009, 11:15 AM
I switched from the old 7100T from Tmobile to Storm. On the 7100, I was able to type emails with one hand (usually while driving) by using my index finger to type out emails. When I got the storm, I could not longer type emails using one hand. I also tried to type emails via landscape, but I kept making mistakes because my finger would type the letter next to intended letter. So, I ended up typing emails via portrait using one finger. It just hit me that I should try to type emails via landscape using thumbs only. And what do you know, my error rate is almost zero and I can crank out emails much faster than the old way using index finger. This may be a no brainer for most of the smart people on this forum. But, for me and maybe some old time blackberry users, I hope this helps you.

cscotty
01-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Wirelessly posted

You should not type while operating a vehicle.

Other than that, I only use my thumbs when typing in either view. It didn't even occur to me to use any other method. :)

Thom
01-20-2009, 12:47 PM
It is scary to see how many people in the BBForums state they text and email while driving. To each their own but I have finally convinced one of my buddies that the message can wait until he gets where he is going. I believe there is a program available now that lets you respond or compose to an email or text using voice commands.

jsntrenkler
01-20-2009, 02:15 PM
I use the tips of my thumbs to type as well. However I don't text while driving.

Watoosy
01-20-2009, 02:28 PM
For the record, I don't email and drive anymore. One good thing about the Storm is that it is a two handed tool for me. So, everyone is safer now in Roanoke, VA.

snarfblat
01-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Out here in Kalifornia, there are far too many idiots still driving around with their cellphones stuck to their heads (we have a hands-free law here)... and every single one of those morons is in the left lane, looking straight ahead, ignoring everything around them.

The LAST thing we need are people trying to operate smartphones while driving. The road is for DRIVING, not for talking on the phone, not for sending emails, not for anything else. I just wish the cops would do their jobs and go after these people instead of sitting on the side of the road with their radar guns and popping donuts.

End of rant. Meanwhile, I love my new Storm, but sometimes trying to edit text fields is infuriating.

Rob