PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Manager won't load alx application file

Smilo77
01-23-2009, 11:29 PM
I'm brand new to the process of installing software on my Blackberry 8310 Curve. I updated to Desktop Manager 4.7 (Windows Vista), then updated my OS and core applications. I downloaded some trial apps and tried to use the Application Loader after the DM successfully connected to the BB. After it checked for updated files, I used the "Browse" button to locate the alx file but then after it rebuilt the update list, the application was not found. Repeated this with another app-- still the same problem. Is there some trick here that I am missing? I unzipped the alx file into its own directory under Documents. Maybe does this file have to reside in a default file for the DM to locate it? It doesn't appear to be the case given all the options for specifying a folder.
Also, this method of uploading applications seems to be very redundant in that everyhting that is checked on the update list has to be resent to the device (if you uncheck it, it gets removed). Seems very inefficient. If anybody could explain a little more about the application installation process, I would be extremely grateful.
Sorry for the newbie question.

JerryD
01-24-2009, 06:03 AM
When you installed Desktop Manager, did you right click on the installation file and select "Run as Administrator"? If not, try uninstalling DM and reinstalling that way.

Smilo77
01-24-2009, 01:19 PM
I tried with another older app and it seemed to work, so I guess I was trying to upload incompatible programs (?) Thanks for the suggestion.