PDA

View Full Version : Regarding BB & SK

ImpSteven
01-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Hi, I'm new to these forums and have a few questions regarding my Blackberry and Sidekick. I currently own a t-Mobile Blackberry Curve and I've recently received a Sidekick 08 as a gift from my brother. I have unlimited text on my blackberry and was wondering if I were to switch around with my sidekick and I were to get the sidekick unlimited data plan, would I still need a blackberry unlimited text plan or will the sidekick plan cover my blackberry as well? I know this isn't a sidekick forum but there are a lot of intelligent people out there.:oops:

Edit: I have the blackberry unlimited text plan, would it transfer over to the sidekick if I decide not to get the unlimited data plan for the SK. Again, I will be switching off using these phones so yeah.

Thanks a lot,
Steven

rachamphetamine
01-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Welcome to BBF!

Yes, you would need to have the BB data plan to get full use out of the Curve - i.e., push email, web browsing, data messenger use, etc.

What do I need a Data Plan for? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_do_I_need_a_Data_Plan_for%3F)

You will also have to change devices in My T-Mobile (add the BB's PIN number and IMEI in the change device section) before switching off, I think.