PDA

View Full Version : Iphone to Blackberry Standard ?'s :)

She.is.kristina
01-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Hi don't hate me all! Just a few standard questions...

I have the BB Bold, it's great love it...question.

-Is there a way to stop getting an alert every time I send an email?
-How do you utilize the bb the most? By having applications? Etc?
-When downloading a new theme do all the buttons change? Before downloading a particular pretty theme I had a icon that was a phone and I was able to look in it. Now it's not there. Why? and would someone explain themes to me?

Just coming from an Iphone...things are different and I knew exactly how to use my iphone to it's full capacity. I'd like to the same with this new Blackberry.

ps. I do love it!
Kristina

dc/dc
01-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Are you using Gmail?

SteveO86
01-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi don't hate me all! Just a few standard questions...

I have the BB Bold, it's great love it...question.

[QUOTE=She.is.kristina;1259572]-Is there a way to stop getting an alert every time I send an email?

What do you mean by alert? If your BlackBerry is vibrating or playing a particular sound then you just need to edit your profile. How do I edit my notification tones (profiles)? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_edit_my_notification_tones_(profiles)%3F)

-How do you utilize the bb the most? By having applications? Etc?

Depends what you want it to do for, whatever my BlackBerry can do to make my life easier it will. I use Viigo for my RSS feeds to stay current, I got JiveTalk to be connected to all my IM accounts, Cram for studying, WeatherBug Direct so I know what the weather is like and if anything severe is coming my way. Ascendo Data Vault for all my password, Opera Mini as a second Browser. MySpace to chat with family/friends, and Doc To Go for Documents. Not to mention my media card with all my music/pics/movies, etc, etc :)

-When downloading a new theme do all the buttons change? Before downloading a particular pretty theme I had a icon that was a phone and I was able to look in it. Now it's not there. Why? and would someone explain themes to me?

Themes will give your BlackBerry a new look, some themes change every icon on your BlackBerry while other don't. If you want your BlackBerry to look like an Iphone there is a BPhone theme for that, same with Windows, Ubunto, etc. It's really just something for fun and to change the look for your BlackBerry.

Other themes, like Today/Today+ will show you some upcoming calendar events/email messages without having to go into your messages folder. So that might increase your "productivity" with the device, themes are all your preference and what you like.

As far as your issue, I would highlight every icon and check the description at the bottom of the screen to find out exactly what each icon is.

Just coming from an Iphone...things are different and I knew exactly how to use my iphone to it's full capacity. I'd like to the same with this new Blackberry.

ps. I do love it!
Kristina

Welcome to the (addicting) world of CrackBerry!.