PDA

View Full Version : Are we getting better coverage in Ohio soon?

lalainohio
10-15-2005, 08:23 AM
I have Tmobile service with my 7100t and TM keeps saying they are getting a better cell phone tower soon... has anyone heard that? I live in Columbus and still have terrible coverage..I only have 1 bar while inside my house... gets a lot better closer to Dubin ohio though.

Dawg
10-15-2005, 08:29 AM
I am hearing more and more people complain about tmobiles coverage I am really glad I didnt stick my wife on their network

lalainohio
10-15-2005, 08:59 AM
The biggest problem with Tmobile in my opinion is their coverage... it really is awful. I should have researched it more. I had verizon for years and their coverage was excellent- should have paid a little more and not gotten into a contract with TM.

NJBlackBerry
10-15-2005, 09:07 AM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I live 2 miles from Verizon Wireless' world headquarters and don't get coverage in my house. It all depends on what works for you. In our area, T-Mobile is just fine. And their international roaming agreements can not be beat.

lalainohio
10-15-2005, 09:11 AM
JJBlackberry- very true.

I shold have researched more... I just assumed I'd have that same great coverage as I had with Verizon statewide.. not lose it as soon as I leave the city.

lraed74
10-15-2005, 06:24 PM
I have full bars no matter where I'm at in town (Columbus) with Verizon. Occasionally I'll have it minus one bar but otherwise Verizon's coverage here is great.

speedsk8berry
10-16-2005, 12:44 AM
i have traveled all over the states and out of country with my blackberry have been on tmobile for about a year now i have not had any coverage prolems i have been on it most of the trip i may losse connection here and there but never really had poor connections. i travel for speed skating been in area tmobile doesn't show coverag e but it bounces to cellular one or westcom, and even been bounced to cingular once or twice in mississippi/ louisianna areas

BB1877
10-17-2005, 12:01 PM
I support over 100 BlackBerry units, mostly Verizon...right here in central Ohio. Earlier this year, we brought on 25 T-Mobile units because of their great International Coverage. Problem is, we can usually not get a signal in the office. I live in central Dublin and the T-Mobiles would drop a signal at my kitchen table, so I never switched.

I'm now in the process of swapping every single T-Mobile for Cingular 7100's. While Cingular's coverage isn't as good as Verizon domestically, they still offer good International roaming, something Verizon can't touch.

Oh I and sat through all of that song and dance the T-Mobile reps said about how many towers they were building, and how even the "leaves on the trees" can affect coverage. Finally, we'd just had enough.

jibi
10-17-2005, 12:21 PM
TMO is adding free roaming to some of Cingular's 850 network in non-competitive markets. This give them added coverage in the midwest, for starters. I'm sure the area is a case-by-case basis, but if you compare coverage maps for TMO and Cingular, and if Cingular has an 850 network in that area, then most likely it will be enabled for free roaming for you.

For instance, on my trip to the mountains last weekend in North Georgia, I entered into an area where I normally am blacked out for a bit. This time, my network switched to Cingular and I was registered onto GPRS. I've never noticed that before, but I've been up to the mountains quite a bit.

As for the foliage comment, its true, to an extent - but only if the area is covered in trees. Its a very common issue in some places, but sometimes that should not even be brought to the table by TMO reps. They can do on-site mini-towers for some areas, but that costs money (if the account is large enough, they may just absorb the costs).

lalainohio
10-18-2005, 05:25 PM
I just think it is weird that I live only a few miles from downtown Columbus, ohio and can't even get a signal in my house...

BB1877
10-18-2005, 06:34 PM
I just think it is weird that I live only a few miles from downtown Columbus, ohio and can't even get a signal in my house...

I hear you. The first weekend we had 7100t's back in February, I took one to an event on the State Fairgrounds (17th Ave). No coverage. So I went back to my trusty Verizon instead of taking the flashy 7100t.

lalainohio
10-18-2005, 06:37 PM
BB1877.. that actually makes me feel a little better then... I was thinking it was me. I call Tmobile all the time and keep getting the same thing... they say I should have coverage all around Ohio.. WHAT?? Not true.