PDA

View Full Version : Formating and starting again? (7100g)

Skettalee
10-16-2005, 07:24 AM
Just got my blackberry back from ebay which I sold and didn't have the unlock code so they gave back. But it seems like it goes sooo slow now and id like to do something like format it and start from scratch. Is that possible? And also wanted to know what program to use to sync up my address book on the computer with it as well as download AIM and YAHOO and if skype works on it, crap, id love that too.

Anyone know what I can do for all that? Sorry such a broad question.

Skettalee
10-16-2005, 07:49 AM
I just tried the dekstop manager and its not even showing my phone. Its connected through usb and when i go to connection settings and detect usb it says not found. Even though windows picks it up and its on. HELP!

Skettalee
10-16-2005, 08:28 AM
Someone out there? AHHH! I tried searching the forums but never found anything that can really help me!

Skettalee
10-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Can someone please help me by letting me know something I can do before the beginning of the week?

KonTiki
10-16-2005, 04:01 PM
You have posted this message in several threads, I personally responded to one of them, go check all the other threads, this is one of the reasons you do not cross post. You can never been sure if someone has answered you. We are not going to go to all the places you posted and respond to the same question over and over. Basically what you need to do is do a wipe and reload OS.

Skettalee
10-16-2005, 08:59 PM
But first I need to be able to copy my address book to my computer which I cant do. I used to be able to sync that thing but its not connecting. Can you tell me why that isn't working first?

Soapm
10-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Where was this address book before you put it on your 7100? I mean, you didn't send it to the eBay buyer with the address book on it did you? So you must have just put it on their some how or are you trying to get the buyers address book? That wouldn't be cool!

Skettalee
10-17-2005, 08:49 AM
It was on my sim card but I have since added and changed alot about it so I would like to back its current state up before formating. And my computer recognizies the phone but the desktop manager doesn't so how am I supposed to know once I erase it, that it will read the phone to be able to bring it back to a running state anyway?