PDA

View Full Version : 8830 send while in Desktop Manager, but not while disconnected

rowmark
01-28-2009, 10:32 AM
I have a user in Europe that (at one time) could send/receive no problem. Few weeks ago he receives a message that his password expired. Now he can send/receive while connected to the Desktop Manager on his PC, but once he disconnects he can no longer send but can still receive.

When he sends in Desktop Manager, the BB shows a black arrow next to the message and it goes through. While disconnected, it shows a red "X" and the message does not go through.

We are running on BES

Jadey
01-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Sounds like a SIM provisioning issue to me. Call your carrier and ensure that BES Data Services are still provisioned on the user's account.

nhansen
01-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Assuming it's not a carrier provisioning issue, I'd try first a wipe and BES reactivate.
Next have the BES admin verify send-as permissions. There was an issue a while back where the besadmin administrative account had to be re-added and configured for certain user groups. Especially those with elevated network permissions. I've since moved out of a BES admin role, but a search should shed some light on that.