PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Messenger Add Help pls

LuKiN
01-29-2009, 10:20 AM
I am trying to add folks to my messenger. Each and every time I do they never get the request. I sent one to my friend standing right next to me and he never got it. It shows on my screen (pending) but nothing comes to his phone.

I read somewhere the directions are to add contact>use once> enter pin (add by pin) but I dont have this feature. All I see is email. I input the pin number and send. It all seems to go well though they dont get it. Is the problem because I do not have send by pin and only email in there?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this for me

Jadey
01-29-2009, 10:59 AM
OK.... What OS is your device? Or what version of BBM do you have?
There might be a fix for you, but we'd need more info first.

There is also every chance there is not yet a fix - you might also want to read this thread http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/172008-blackberry-messenger-problem-adding-contacts.html

There are links to other threads in there. At this moment, there are several instances of this query that people are working on a fix for.

If you do a search for "blackberry messenger contacts" a lot of threads will come back.

LuKiN
01-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks Jadey

I have the curve 8310 and my os is 4.2.2

I will go read the link now..

jakobingva
02-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Thank you for the info this helped me :)

tsac
02-01-2009, 08:21 PM
I am trying to add folks to my messenger. Each and every time I do they never get the request. I sent one to my friend standing right next to me and he never got it. It shows on my screen (pending) but nothing comes to his phone.

I read somewhere the directions are to add contact>use once> enter pin (add by pin) but I dont have this feature. All I see is email. I input the pin number and send. It all seems to go well though they dont get it. Is the problem because I do not have send by pin and only email in there?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this for me

One small item, Blackberry Messenger has to be on the BB receiving and sending the message.
At least in my experience unless it's changed.