PDA

View Full Version : Can I sync a subset of my Outlook Contacts?

timmy2
01-29-2009, 04:22 PM
I don't want all the people in Outlook's Contacts to be on my Blackberry. I used to use an Outlook Category ("Cell") when syncing with my Sony phone but don't know if this is possible with the Blackberry's software. I'm using the basic Desktop Manager. Any suggestions? Thank you.

SteveO86
01-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Easiest thing for you do is create a new folder for your contacts and label it something like "BlackBerry Contacts" etc, drag all the users you want in there and when you configure the sync in the desktop manager point it to that specific folder instead of the default one.

DavidMOfficer@Shaw.ca
02-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Alternately, I have several contact folders in my desktop Outlook. How can I syncronize all folders?

Trimix
02-21-2009, 07:35 PM
If your contacts are separated by different categories, you can specify which categories you want Desktop Manager to sync to your BB device.

Go to Synchronize>Configuration tab>Configure Sync>Configure drop down menu> Advanced Settings > Filter tab -- to set up the filter.

takeshi
02-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Alternately, I have several contact folders in my desktop Outlook. How can I syncronize all folders?
It would be the opposite of the above advice -- merge them into one folder. To separate contacts start using Categories (both on the BB and in Outlook).