PDA

View Full Version : Importing iCalendar (RFC2445) data into a Blackberry...

WATYF
10-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Hi there. I'm trying to find out if it's possible to import iCalendar (RFC2445 standard) files into a Blackberry (using either the existing calendar app or some other 3rd party app). I have a web-based calendar that uses the iCalendar format which I'd like to make available to my remote users.

If it's not possible to read iCalendar files with the Blackberry, then is there some other web-based calendar that you can read using a Blackberry?

Please let me know. Thank you.

WATYF

jax
10-17-2005, 10:29 AM
I do this using a Mac - PocketMac syncs with iCal (Mac OSX Calendar) that publishes to PHPCalendar.

jackson
10-17-2005, 11:43 AM
What is "PHPCalendar"? A service? Or file format?

Does this allow "over the air" calendar syncing with your Mac?

If not- Do you know of any way to do so?

WATYF
10-17-2005, 12:17 PM
I do this using a Mac - PocketMac syncs with iCal (Mac OSX Calendar) that publishes to PHPCalendar.
Unfortunately, we don't use Macs, and I'm not looking for a syncing tool. I don't want the users to have to sync with their laptops. I want them to be able to pull down the latest content from a web-based calendar directly to their Blackberry (no syncing required).

Basically... I need a Blackberry app that reads iCalendar files (.ics files).

WATYF

jax
10-17-2005, 04:00 PM
WATYF - Sorry I can't help you, sounds like a neat idea (OTA .ics sync / download).

Jackson - I think you're interested in the same thing, namely OTA sync to a web calendar. PHPiCalendar doesn't do this - it's just a web viewer for iCalendar files - you can publish these files from iCal on your Mac (using WebDav). Put together with PocketMac this gives you a way to sync your BB to Mac to Web (but you can't directly sync BB to Web - at least I don't know a way).

jackson
10-18-2005, 08:36 AM
Thanks Jax-
Correct me if I'm wrong but your suggesting using a web browser on a BB to view a published calendar? I'm sure this works - but I'm looking for true OTA syncing.

Have you seen:
http://epicad.com/syncagain/index.htm

They claim to have a client that runs on OS X and syncs with BES and therefore your BB. I've emailed them for more information, but they've never replied.

Has anyone used "Sync Again" or any other OTA software for OS X?