PDA

View Full Version : Selling the 8830 WE's...How do I erase info?

Vito117
01-31-2009, 01:25 PM
We have 2 BB 8830's and are going to be selling them.
How do I dump all personal and company info off the things?
Is there a nifty shortcut or app that does this?

Thanks

rambo47
01-31-2009, 01:29 PM
You have to go into Options > Advanced Options > Service Book and delete the service books individually. To erase everything else, go to Options > Security Option > General Settings, and use the Menu key to select Wipe Handheld. Follow the prompts and it should be good to go.

I'm not sure if the Wipe Handheld routine leaves the service books or not. To be safe and ensure that the new user doesn't start getting your email, delete the service books manually, or to the Wipe and then check to see if any service books are left.

jsconyers
01-31-2009, 01:32 PM
If the devices have an IT policy on them, push a blank policy to them.

Then go to Options > Security Options > General Settings > Menu Key > Wipe Handheld.

akosnitzky
01-31-2009, 02:26 PM
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

If you have 4.5 beta in it and do the wipe, you still have to manually put 4.2 back. It won't restore by itself. Correct?

SteveO86
01-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Correct it will wipe the all personal info off the Battery and leave a fresh install of the OS. (W/E OS is currently installed on the device)

If you want to over protective, enable "Content Protection" then performt he wipe, the secure wipe takes a few hours compared to a normal wipe.

Dubdub
01-31-2009, 02:54 PM
If they were on BIS, you will also want to log into each BIS account and remove the IMEI/ESN and PIN so your email will not go to each device.

akosnitzky
01-31-2009, 08:41 PM
Correct it will wipe the all personal info off the Battery and leave a fresh install of the OS. (W/E OS is currently installed on the device)

If you want to over protective, enable "Content Protection" then performt he wipe, the secure wipe takes a few hours compared to a normal wipe.

Thank you. I am bidding on Ebay to grab an 8330:smile: