PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Messenger Greyed Out

frecato
02-03-2009, 10:48 AM
I have a ATT Curve os 4.5.0.110(152) on BES and ever since that new security update rolled out (the little blue lock icon now on the screen when BB locks) I am having major issues with blackberry messenger. I went through the whole update contacts on battery pulls and had to see all my contact in the pending section, I got over it because I could still BBM them and then when they responded they would get moved to contacts.

Now I just switch my SIM with my iphone for the weekend and when I put it back in the BB all my BBM contacts were gone... no where to be found. (just an fyi this has worked for me before) I figured i'd just restore the Blackberry Messenger section of a prior backup from the advanced section of desktop manager(4.7) and be on my way, but that line is greyed out and I cannot select it to restore. I also tried older backups from the 4.0 days and that does not work either.

This is getting really annoying and I would hate to have to request contacts again for the 4th time. Does anyone have any suggestion or help. I did hear someone say turn off content protection before doing a battery pull but not sure if that works.

Thanks for the help!!

Dubdub
02-03-2009, 11:16 AM
My guess is that your company made the decision to limit what you can do with their device on their BES. Not nice to try to circumvent an IT Policy if that is the reason. Have you spoken to the BES Admin yet?

frecato
02-03-2009, 11:40 AM
My guess is that your company made the decision to limit what you can do with their device on their BES. Not nice to try to circumvent an IT Policy if that is the reason. Have you spoken to the BES Admin yet?

not trying to circumvent anything, just want to use the BBM. I spoke to our IT department and they said that this should not be happening and the new security settings should not effect the messenger.

Do you know why I can't restore my messenger list from a prior backup?

Dubdub
02-03-2009, 12:42 PM
You would need to reload the OS to get BBM back. That will also entail reactivating the device on BES after you do it.

rambo47
02-03-2009, 12:43 PM
The IT policy is shutting it down. They may say it "shouldn't", but it sounds like it is.