PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry Maps on T-Mobile PrePaid?

taldeus
02-05-2009, 02:42 PM
I have T-Mobile Prepaid with a Curve 8320 right now and I clicked on Blackberry Maps by mistake and the maps started to download. I first thought maybe they can use wifi now, but I turned wifi off and the maps still worked. I checked my balance to see if I was charged or not and I was not charged.

The Blackberry Maps never worked for me before but now all of a sudden they do. They never worked before until I clicked on it today. Is this a weird Blackberry occurrence or what?:?

Dubdub
02-05-2009, 03:42 PM
BBMaps use lots of data. I would delete it if I were you. And there is no pay-as-you-go data for the BB that I know of.

taldeus
02-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Yeah it usually doesnt work but for some reason it is working now. And Im not being charged for it so I'll keep it. (y)

Dubdub
02-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Yeah it usually doesnt work but for some reason it is working now. And Im not being charged for it so I'll keep it. (y)

You hope you aren't being charged. Just hope you don't all of a sudden get a big data bill.

dc/dc
02-05-2009, 06:25 PM
You hope you aren't being charged. Just hope you don't all of a sudden get a big data bill.

You don't get bills with prepaid ace.

taldeus
02-05-2009, 09:52 PM
You don't get bills with prepaid ace.

Yep, I mentioned I had prepaid and if it did charge it would have charged me already but it hasn't.8-)

taldeus
02-05-2009, 09:59 PM
ok, I just found out why Im getting the maps now. I changed my apn to epc.tmobile.com the other day and they work with that apn but if i put in tmobile old apn, wap.voicestream.com they dont work.

dc/dc
02-06-2009, 09:46 AM
ok, I just found out why Im getting the maps now. I changed my apn to epc.tmobile.com the other day and they work with that apn but if i put in tmobile old apn, wap.voicestream.com they dont work.

Good to know!

tigerdragon
07-13-2009, 02:40 PM
I got an unlocked (att) 8110 and I'm using t-mo, prepaid.

BBmaps works, I don't think it's charging me either.

Before, I have a post-paid account and tried to get bbmaps to work without a data plan, and it didn't work. This is after editing the blackberry.alx, lbs.alx files, and all that stuff. So I tried it with the BB feature enabler, it didn't work either.

So I got the data plan for 10 dollars and it worked along with the internet. But then I canceled a few days after because I didn't want to pay the extra 10 dollars. So months go by and I used a pre-paid account for a few months, I don't think I used bbmaps because I figured it didn't work with pre-paid.

Then I switched the sims back to my post-paid account and just out of curiosity, tried bbmaps and it worked. I couldn't believe it. I don't know why it worked, it just did.

And I could search for businesses and stuff through bbmaps. Tried on the pre-paid sim, and it still works. I don't know what's happening. I'm using the wap.voicestream apn.

The BBmaps works without a data plan.

rambo47
07-13-2009, 03:00 PM
This "loophole" shows up from time to time on T-Mobile and is a great find. Eventually they'll shut it down, but then in a little while it will show up again. You cannot count on it always being there, but while it works it's great.