PDA

View Full Version : Closed Youmail and now no VM icon when msg left.

audit
02-05-2009, 10:12 PM
I closed my Youmail account and went through the ##004# step to remove the forwarding like it said to do but now I'm not getting the standard AT&T vm icon when someone leaves a message for me. Also the flashing light won't go away and it's driving me CRAZY.

Any clue on how to get the VM icon back and get rid of that damn light?

titetanium
02-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Only thing I can think of: call log>options>call forwarding> change forwarding # to your carrier's voicemail number. Sorry, couldn't be more help.

hapishyguy
02-05-2009, 10:48 PM
do what titanium said then pull the battery and put it back again. If it still does not fix then call att and just tell them that your voicemail is not working. Do not say anything else and they will fix it.

audit
02-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Did the battery pull already a couple times last night as well as resending service books just out of habit. I'm waiting for tech support now.

audit
02-06-2009, 08:05 AM
As always tech support blows and said that it's a faulty phone. Guess I'm back to YouMail again.

jrice8002003
02-06-2009, 09:49 AM
As always tech support blows and said that it's a faulty phone. Guess I'm back to YouMail again.

i like youmail for now, but i'm not a fan of the fact that your icon disappeared when you tried switching back. i hope this won't happen to me if i ever decide to switch back....

audit
02-06-2009, 09:53 AM
They told me to take it back to the store and they will swap it for a new one since I'm within 30 days. I asked why and they said the device is defective and they have a lot of reports of the same issue. Funny how mine is the only time I've seen it. It also happened on my 8820 and 8310 so I know it's not a defective device.

Like I said, back to Youmail. I guess it was just a brain fart about dumping it because it's come in handy many times getting rid of callers.