PDA

View Full Version : Wish i hadnt updated my software...

hacksaw116
02-05-2009, 11:27 PM
I updated my BB to the latest software/firmware and now I really wish I hadn't. Since I have updated I have had the worst time getting my phone to respond without making me wait for a few minutes for the phone to "think" and watch an hourglass flip about. I often rip the battery out in frustration because less time is wasted waiting for a cold reboot than to wait for my phone to get back to me when i am simply trying to unlock the kb to dial a call.

If I was trying to call 911 because my house was on fire I would have to wait for a few minutes and watch it burn before this thing lets me give it any input. This is the realization that I have lost faith for a device i once stood by. Is this upgrade more buggy than the origional release or is this a "conspiracy theory" to make you go out and get a new phone...

I just feel that I had less issues with my old firmware than the new one.. And as a result I am a little irritated. If anyone else knows what I'm talking about please speak up and let the community know. Sorry to be a stick in the mud, but I feel let down. Whenever i would like ot use my phone it thinks for minutes on end with the hourglass thingy flipping for eternity (it seems). Am I alone here or what?

-Hacksaw116

mobcoa
02-05-2009, 11:32 PM
i feel like I have the same issue after i updated the os on my curve 8300.

wingrider78
02-06-2009, 12:51 AM
Wirelessly posted (8320 Titanium)

I have my 8320 updated and do not experience any problems with sluggishness or big time lags like you mention. Maybe you need to wipe and reinstall, see if it comes out better this time.

JSanders
02-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Any new OS load/upgrade I do, in the first 15-20 mins the device might feel sluggish, then it tightens up.

If yours is the way you describe... what is the File Free at Options > Status?

SteveO86
02-06-2009, 06:41 AM
On top of your File free, what is the exact version you are running? (4.5.0.xxx)

piester
02-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Wirelessly posted

Happened to me a while back. I just wiped and redid the upgrade. Problem solved. Oh and I used the sticky about losing call log and sms messages and freed up a lot of memory

walds11
02-06-2009, 08:10 PM
I am still running 4.3 on my at&t Pearl 8110. It runs fine and I don't need the updates on later OSs. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

SteveO86
02-06-2009, 11:19 PM
I am still running 4.3 on my at&t Pearl 8110. It runs fine and I don't need the updates on later OSs. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

While I agree with the motto "If it isn't broke, don't fix it." 4.5 will offer some improvements over 4.5.

Each OS has it's good points and bad points the latest 4.5 releases have been pretty stable in my opinion.