PDA

View Full Version : Formatting a MicroSD Card 2GB

livewire730
02-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Can I get some help formatting a new SanDisk 2GB microSD Card. How long should it take to format an 2GB microSD Card on my Pearl?? When I select Format - it goes back to the media card and freezes up.

Dubdub
02-06-2009, 04:02 PM
It has been my experience that SD cards did NOT need to be formatted to work in the BB or PC. All the ones I have used (PNY, Memorex, SanDisk) have worked as advertised right out of the package.

Why do you feel the need to format?

leo122
02-07-2009, 07:21 PM
it sohuld work right "out of the box" sort of speak. The card could be faulty

SteveO86
02-07-2009, 07:52 PM
I haven't had too much successful with the formatting SD cards in my BlackBerry...

Your best bet is to put it in your computer, then format it like normal, put it back in your BlackBerry and it should work fine.

John Clark
02-07-2009, 08:10 PM
I have always formatted every card ever used in my BB's. Formatting adds all the folders, etc. that the BB uses for storing it's files.

SteveO86
02-07-2009, 09:50 PM
I've actually never had to format my BB, I've just popped it in and those folders always just appeared.

I formatted a media in my BB once and it didn't happen successfully. I then had to reformat it in my computer to fix it, that was back with OS 4.2.2 though. (Note, I only formatted it that one time to see how that function worked, and how the BB went about formatted an SD, the SD card worked perfectly it was a little test.)