PDA

View Full Version : hidden app running in the background

Beboper57
02-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Several weeks back I upgrade my 8310 from 4.2 to 4.5 and initially all ran OK.
However, I now seem to have a hidden application running in the background that keeps the device busy for extreemly long periods, Hour-glass goes on for ever, (from 3 to 8 minutes sometimes). This condition keeps me from using any of the functions of the phone.
While the hour-glass is spinning around I can't do anything with the phone. is there a key stroke combination to stop this hour-glass spining action Like Ctrl-Alt-Delete on a PC?

If not, is there any application on the market, like Norton Utilities for the PC world that would intrrogate and rid a cell phone, (blackberry), of something like this? I can't reload the upgrade OS because whatever is running in the back ground is causing the backup utilty to fail at the 90% mark. Doing an upgrade reload without a backup is something I wouldn't want to do. Can someone provide some direction on this issue?

sch911
02-06-2009, 04:35 PM
I know it sounds too simple but have you tried a battery pull and re-start?

SteveO86
02-06-2009, 07:13 PM
How much file free do you have? Options -> Status.

To see any running applciation hold Alt+ hit the Back button, that will show you the running apps. (Note: Home, Browser, BBM, Messages, Phone are ALWAYS running)