PDA

View Full Version : BBM Question

Belle787
02-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Hi everyone!

I have a question. My friend gave me his old BB bc he got a new one. I put in my SIM card. Will I show up on his friends BBM contact lists? On the phone, it still has all of his contacts and at the top says 'XXXX XXXX's contact list.' Basically I want to know if when one of his friends looks at their contact list, his name will have changed to mine, or if it will just have his name and show those three lines. I don't want to show up on the contact list of people I don't know! Will they be able to BBM me? I also wiped the phone.

Also, a while back I got my BB stolen, and after that no one was able to BBM me, even though someone probably was using the phone - does that mean that it's not PIN dependant?

Help!

Thanks!!! :smile:

GotHookah
02-06-2009, 08:08 PM
I think you will show up on there list because the PIN on the phone is what they have..The name shows up how they have it in their contact list... U should have the friend who gave you the phone notify the contacts and give them the PIN from his new phone..

You can just delete any contacts that you don't use from your list..

Belle787
02-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks! So if I wiped the phone, and had all new contact info as my BBM, the old contacts will still receive it? Obviously neither of us thought to write down all of the contacts that he had on his contact list, and I don't really want random people to have my name on their Contact list.